Friday, March 16, 2012

Oh, For Pat's Sake!

Today is March 17th, St. Patrick's Day! We tend to celebrate holidays here in The Underworld just a little bit differently than regular folks do. Today, I'm throwing out a hefty pot of Pats and Patricks to you (Just the men this time! No Pattys or Patricias. After my recent, exhaustive post on Logan's Run - with its 67 pictures! - my poor little fingers are just worn out!) Some of the gentlemen are sexy, some not so much. I do strive to bring out the unusual whenever I can. Do you know each of these? Do you have a favorite? Who did I forget? There is one repeat amongst them because I found it too hard to narrow the photos of the man in question down to just one (and they couldn't be easily combined like I did with a few others.) Since I am not Sophie, I don't have to make a Choice! They're both here.

Did you know that I truly am of Irish descent myself? I was born in Londonderry, Northern Ireland, but came to the U.S. as an infant. A star (in my own mind) even then, I was chosen to be featured in a St. Patrick's Day newspaper photo op on March 17th of 1968. This shot is of yours truly way back when! Today, this fully-grown leprechaun is wishing you all the luck in the world. Also along those lines, allow me to offer up the third and final music video of one of my singing solos. (You'll see what I mean by luck when you get there.) If you opt to subject yourself to it (and it's only 2-1/2 minutes long), do be sure to stick around for the last 30 seconds. I think the hastily-recorded number is rough in spots, but the slam-bang finale isn't too bad and, as you might expect, I put a couple of celebs in there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdrAKbPfIk4 And now, on to the photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment